Friday, June 13, 2008

Selah

Our favorite Christian music group is Selah. Recently this group has gone through deep trials. First, the Smith family lost their baby girl, Audrey Caroline, shortly after birth. They knew that she was going to pass from her mother's womb to Jesus' arms soon after birth. On their blog, "Bring the Rain" you can read the full story of the valley they have been walking through.

Second, Nicol Sponberg, who used to sing with Selah, lost her baby. She went into check on him after putting him to bed and found him not breathing. Being a mother of 7 children, these stories just touch my heart at it's core. (Remember to shut off my music before playing video!)




Todd Smtih "I Surrender All" from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo.

As I read "Bring the Rain", I am strengthened and encouraged by the strength Angie finds in her faith in God. Days are not easy, yet she has surrendered everything to her Lord. Her blog is now one that I follow. I have bad days, but when I look at what their family has gone through, my "bad" is nothing.

If you are wondering why their blog is name "Bring the Rain", Listen to this song by Mercy Me. (Remember to shut off my music!)

Food for thought: Do you have a faith strong enough to say these words?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thank you for posting the link for Selah's blog. They are my favorite group, as well and it was heart breaking to read their families story.