Our friends, the Brabos, moved to Missouri and put us in contact with an Amish farmer who had some birds that were already laying. We decided to go this route so that we wouldn't have to raise the chicks and wait a long time before they were laying.
So now we are the proud owners of 20 Rhode Island Reds and Red sex-link hens. They seem happy this morning and some are already laying in the new home.






3 comments:
Oh how nice! We have 5 RIR's downstairs. They are 4-5 wks old though. I'm glad to hear they are happy so quickly. Enjoy your eggs. We'll be waiting a bit for ours.
I like your coop too. My dad just found us one this morning. All we need is a roof. I'm anxious to see what it looks like.
Have any tips for raising chickens. I'd love if you'd leave some tips on my blog.
God bless,
Shell
How many eggs are you now getting per day? Do you notice any difference between the RIR or the RIR cross hens?
Mike
We're getting around 15 eggs. Not really noticing a difference in the eggs.
Post a Comment