Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Things Keep on a Movin'

As I look at my moving checklist, I am encouraged to see that it is getting shorter.
  • Both home inspections are finished with just a few details to attend to.
  • The Radon mitigator was installed yesterday and the radon tester will be here tomorrow to retest.  Mr Handyman was here last week to make a few repairs.
  • The well and septic are bing check today.
  • I also gave notice to the post office of the the change of address.
  • Gas company has been notified of the move and LP gas companies are contacting us about getting our tank in Pekin filled.  It is about 3% filled right now.
  • We met with Todd, our mortgage guy, and all the paperwork is ready to go.
  • Daniel met with the State Farm guy this morning to get all our insurance changed. (Hmmm wonder why we chose State Farm???)

Still have a bit left to do, such as:
  • contact electric, phone and internet people at both ends.
  • last minute paperwork and other small misc. things as they pop-up.

Packing is coming along pretty well.  Here are the rooms that are finished:
  • girls'
  • boys'
  • kids' toys
  • most of the office
  • part of the master bath
  • garage and shed

Still to do:
  • Pack bathrooms
  • Sara's room
  • books in school room and living room
  • cd's/dvd's
  • craft closet downstairs
  • kitchen and pantry

We have enough to keep us busy for the next week and probably a bit longer.  We're just taking it day by day so we don't wear ourselves out or get stressed with each other.  That is a big one right now!  On Friday, Justin and Daniel are bringing another load to our storage unit.  Thank you, Pastor, for the use of your trailer!

Here are a few brief pictures of our home that Daniel took yesterday along with some from the internet listing.


great room


landing off the great room

deck, master bedroom walk-out and out building (in background)

family room

kitchen


ps - none of the beautiful furniture is ours...

7 comments:

Ashton said...

I vote to move the hymnsings to y'all's new house.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautiful house, Rykens! We're praying for y'all down here!

Laura B.

Heather said...

Sheri,

It is beautiful!! I can't wait to see it in person! We are praying for y'all.

Love,Heather

Pirate Nanny said...

Wow! Jesi was right, your guys' new house is gorgeous!

Maybe sometime I'll be able to see it in person! ;)

dlr said...

You bought the Tosi House!?!?!

Daniel's Helpmeet said...

The Tosi House???

KeepItSimple said...

Okay...so with Tonya planning the BIG anniversary trip - and Tracy having a tea - I think it is only appropriate you to host a housewarming in your gorgeous new home!!!

The place is fantastic - and I abosolutely adore your deck...not to mention the fabulous archways in the family room. Beautiful!!!

Can't wait to the see pictures when you guys get settled in.

Thanks for sharing and happy packing.

Blessings -
Camille