Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cara's Quilt

For each of the older children I have made an afghan. I then realized I really didn't enjoy the feel of yarn, or the process of knitting or crocheting. So about 3 years ago I took up quilting. I love the feel of fabric and the look of old quilts. Spending hours in a quilt shop is something I could easily do! Cara was the first child I made a quilt for. She picked out all the different materials - bright, cheery colors for my bright,smiley, cheery daughter. I normally use my sewing machine to piece the top, but like to hand quilt for an antique look. Cara's quilt was just taking too long, so I decided to finish it with machine quilting. 2 years later it is finally finished!




Cara having her first picnic with Evangeline and Zoe on her new quilt .

1 comment:

Rachel Marie said...

It's beautiful! I made a quilt with the help of my aunt when I was in college and it's my favorite blankie :)