Monday, February 18, 2008

Josiah is 8!

Another milestone has been reached. Josiah is now 8 years old. He has been waiting for this day for so long. When we first found out that we were expecting Sara he prayed that she would be born on his birthday. I think he was a bit disappointed when she was born on the 9th. Not sharing a birthday with her means another day in February for eating birthday dessert! That is something we all enjoy!

As I think back to 8 years ago, I am reminded of all the difficulties we went throught with Josiah's pregnancy. He was due February 28th, 2000, which was a Leap Year. He was induced 11 days early, much to my relief.

Josiah hates change and doesn't deal with it well. We have gone through lots of change in the last 8 years, so life hasn't always been smooth sailing. Still, Josiah has been such a blessing to our family. His sensitivity carries forth into other areas of his life. He also is very intelligent - even if he dislikes doing his school work!

Turning 8 is a big milestone for our boys. It is the year that Daddy buys them their very own pocketknife. Lately I have been giving him more "manly" chores to do, instead of calling for Justin. Josiah has taken on the challenges and has exceeded my expectations in them. It is wonderful having 2 young men being able to help Daddy out.




Here are some pictures from his parties this weekend.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Josiah! I love you - in a brotherly way of course.



"Guy" Ryken

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Josiah!
Hope it was wonderful!

P.S.
Wow, Mathias can type well. =)